10 Fill-In-The-Blank Headlines That Convert
Tips, tricks, and techniques are great, but sometimes you aren’t looking to learn a hundred different marketing skills.
Sometimes you just want to plug in something that works and move on to #97 on your list of must-do tasks. If you want to learn the art/science of headline writing, start here… or here, here, here, and here.
If, on the other hand, you just want a few fill-in-the blank headline templates that convert, this article is for you.
Effective headlines make a promise. They create urgency or offer access to must-know information. They are specific and targeted intentionally at a the desired audience. Use the following templates to grab your target audience’s attention.
1. How To [Accomplish Something] In [Short Amount of Time]
People are highly interested in achievement. They are also interested in achieving things as quickly as possible. This template leverages both of these desires and can be used in any industry. While you want to make the promised accomplishments and time frame as grand as possible, you absolutely MUST limit it to something you can actually deliver on.
- How To Craft High-Converting Headlines In Less Than 60 Seconds
- How To Land A High-Dollar Client In The Next 30 Minutes
- How To Potty Train Your Puppy In Only 3 Days
2. How To [Receive Benefit] Without [Undesired Expenditure]
There are a lot of benefits people want to receive. Typically, these benefits come with undesired expenditures. If you can show them how to attain a benefit without the expense, you have their attention. Think of the most common problems your customers face and address how it can be avoided.
- How To Get A-List Copy Without The Massive Price Tag
- How To Get A Bachelors Degree Without Debt Or Ramen
- How To Land Your Dream Job Without Sending 5,000 Emails
3. Combine #1 & #2: How To [Accomplish/Benefit] In [Short Time Period] Without [Expenditure]
If it’s working, why not double down? If you can keep your headline natural sounding and not too gimmicky, combining elements from both #1 and #2 can result in a killer headline. This allows you to make an even more compelling promise to your audience, which translates to a higher conversion rate.
- How To Land Higher Dollar Clients In The Next Hour Without Spending A Penny
- How To Get Your Degree In 3 Years Without Debt Or Ramen
- How To Get Your Dream Job This Week Without Sending 5,000 Emails
4. The Unbelievably Easy Way To [Accomplish Something]
As we already mentioned, every is actively seeking to accomplish something. If you can link your content to easier task accomplishment, you will generate interest. Try to think of an accomplishment that will be appealing to a large audience while staying relevant to your customers.
- The Unbelievably Easy Way To Land 10 New Clients Today
- The Unbelievably Easy Way To Get Your Bachelors, Debt Free
- The Unbelievably Easy Way To Get A Job You Actually Want
5. The Guaranteed Method For Avoiding [Common Mistake]
Just like achieving accomplishments, people really want to avoid mistakes. By referencing common mistakes your target audience is encountering, you can very easily command their attention. Prioritize mistakes that involve emotional pain rather than financial loss.
- The Guaranteed Method For Avoiding Client Lag
- The Guaranteed Method For Avoiding Student Debt
- The Guaranteed Method For Avoiding Another Crappy Job
6. 10 Things [Something Interesting] Says About You
People really like reading about themselves. They love thinking about themselves. They love taking quizzes about themselves. And so on and so forth. If you can tell your target customers something interesting about themselves, you can command their attention.
- 10 Things Owning A Business Says About You
- 10 Things Your First Job Says About You
- 10 Things Your History Degree Says About You
7. 10 Little-Known Ways To [Accomplish Something]
Here’s another great way to connect your business with people’s desire for accomplishment. Few things trigger action like the suggestion that we are missing out on beneficial information. Using the phrase “little-known” capitalizes on that trigger.
- 10 Little-Known Ways To Land New Clients
- 10 Little-Known Ways To Get A Bachelors Degree Without Debt
- 10 Little-Known Ways To Get Your Dream Job
8. How To [Accomplish Something] Like [Famous Example]
Few things are as powerful as a compelling visual. By citing a famous example, you can immediately create a visual in your audience’s mind and utilize the benefits of that example’s marketing. Pick a name that is well known to your target audience, as opposed to a household name, and make sure this individual’s accomplishments are extremely similar to the goals of your customers.
- How To Pick Up Clients Like Neil Patel
- How To Fast Track Your Startup Like Elon Musk
- How To Brand Your Business Like Apple
9. The Scientifically Proven Formula For [Accomplishing Something]
By now, you’ve probably realized that the best headlines introduce an actionable way for readers to accomplish something. Since every content producer out there is offering this type of stuff, differentiating via scientific proof or case-study evidence is a great way to stand out from the crowd.
- The Scientifically Proven Formula For Landing High-Dollar Clients
- The Scientifically Proven Formula For Accelerating Your Career
- The Scientifically Proven Formula For Writing Headlines That Convert
10. Is [Something Most People Do] Causing [Something Bad]?
Most people consistently wonder about what they’re doing wrong. After all, if we knew what needed fixed, we’d just do it and reap the benefits. By mentioning something your target audience commonly does and then implying it may be resulting in a problem, you can grab their attention.
- Is Your Email Campaign Causing Would-Be Clients To Say “No”?
- Is Your Suit Causing You To Miss Out On Your Dream Job?
- Will Your College Major Leave You With A Lifetime of Debt?
It’s All Gold
10 Fill-In-The-Blank Headlines That Convert
There’s an art to headline writing… just kidding. There’s an art to poor headline writing that doesn’t convert.
When it comes to getting click-throughs, it’s really as simple as following the same formulas that have worked for centuries.
These 10 fill-in-the-blank headline formulas will get you started. Make sure the inserted portions of your headlines are well thought-out and highly relevant to your audience.